The airport remains open and operational. Federal law required wearing a mask at all times while on airport property, failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. For more information on the Federal mask mandate please click here. we are asking all visitors to comply with social distancing requirements, such as keeping a six-foot distance from others, wearing a face covering. Passengers must also practice good hygiene by coughing/sneezing into one’s elbow or into a tissue and disposing of it properly afterwards and by washing hands frequently, for at least twenty seconds, or by using hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available.
If you should need to modify your travel arrangements, please reach out to your airline for assistance. For contact information please visit the Airline Contact Information Page.
The airport and its employees are practicing social distancing by suspending special programming and gatherings. Airport staff are working remotely when possible or on an adjusted schedule to decrease in person contact in the workplace. Stakeholders are encouraged to communicate with airport staff via email or by phone.
As El Paso International Airport and its concession partners continue to evaluate airport operations and passenger demand, we are implementing temporary changes to our food and beverage, news and gift shops as well as various other services.
Airport Cleanliness and Precautions
Cleanliness of the airport terminal, to include restrooms, common use spaces and high-traffic areas have always been a priority for EPIA. In the past month as the situation has developed, increased measures have been incorporated into our cleanliness procedures:
- On top of the usual cleaning procedures carried out twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, we increased our custodial staffing levels to increase cleaning of the public areas of the terminal
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at customer service points including, ticket counters, security checkpoints and concession point of sale stations
- We are ensuring all hand sanitizers, soap and paper towels are fully stocked in all restrooms at all times and have added additional dispensing stations throughout the terminal
- We have added hand-held electrostatic sprayers that easily disinfect and sanitize surfaces, covering a large surface area in a short amount of time with chemicals that are safe for people, surfaces and the environment
- Ultra Violet emitting light units that disinfect surfaces have been deployed for use in areas such as nursing rooms, restrooms, and offices
- Ultra Violet emitting light units were also installed at all of the escalator hand rails, to disinfect on a constant basis
- Social distance markers have been placed on the floor where queue lines form at areas such as ticket counters and the security checkpoint
- Social distance reminders have been placed on seating to encourage passengers to leave at least a 6 ft. distance from other passengers.
- Custodial staff are supplied with personal protection equipment including N95 masks and gloves
Passengers and Staff
- We recommend reviewing the CDC’s website so that you, your staff and family can best protect themselves from becoming ill
- We encourage everyone to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, and frequently
- Use hand sanitizer and/or anti-bacterial wipes when hand washing is not available
- Refrain from touching your face, and cover your cough or sneeze
- Distance yourself while in queue lines or in gift shops and restaurants to avoid people who may be sick
- Stay at home when sick
- CDC preventative guidance are displayed in restroom mirrors and screens throughout the terminal as a reminder for passengers and airport staff
Flights and Schedules
- Airlines have been increasing their cleaning practices and have allowed flexibility in changing of itineraries
- Some airlines have adjusted their schedules in response to decreased demand
- We encourage you to visit your airline’s website or reach out to them directly for more information. Click Here for links by Airline.
- Patience is encouraged when calling the Airlines as they may experiencing a high volume of calls
- The El Paso International Airport has not been identified by the federal government for advanced screening or as an active quarantine station since we do not receive international non-stop flights.
- It is the mission of El Paso International Airport (EPIA) to provide passengers with a safe, secure and efficient airport. EPIA staff will continue to communicate frequently with local, state and federal professionals, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and follow recommendations and guidance.